Type of washes applied to the jeans
Jeans have different type of washes applied to them to make different styles, as a same type of fabric can look completely different depending on what wash technique is being applied to it, this time we will tell you more about the type washes on the jeans.
“The new technologies allow us to apply different wash options to the jeans in order to present styles that meet our customers’ request and their final consumers can enjoy wearing the best type of jeans”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, an enterprise in Mexico dedicated to manufacture clothes mainly done with denim:
Here are some of the most popular washes applied to the jeans:
- Acid wash – This was a great option back on the 80’s and it is being more popular nowadays, with bleach techniques on different areas of a jean.
- Light Wash – Applied to the jeans to keep as much of the normal fabric color as possible.
- Vintage Wash – Used on different type of “retro” jeans, which gives the garments an older look, one of the most used techniques now that the “vintage” options are taking more popularity each day.
- Tinted – When denim is immersed in a diluted type of dye of any kind, it can turn the fabric into any color.
- Whiskers – This wash technique is applied to the jeans by applying bleach in specific parts of the garment in order to make stripes that would look like whiskers, they are mainly placed below the pockets, at the back of the knees, but this can be applied at any part of the jeans if wanted.
“Many people is looking for different options when trying to find the perfect jeans, and the different washes applied to these garments can be the solution to find the perfect fit for a person but with the right style that would complement their personality”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal about this topic.