Making skinny jeans with a pair of flare pants
Fashion is changing constantly, and sometimes, the garments we have at our wardrobe are out of fashion, but that does not mean we have to throw them away, as an example, we will show you how to turn a pair or flare or boot cut jeans into skinny pants following some easy steps.
“One great thing about jeans is that you can alter them at home, and with just a few modifications they will look totally different, so you can give new life to a pair of jeans and use them for a longer time”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, about this topic.
Here it is what you need to do:
- Wear your jeans inside out, this will be the easiest way to see how much fabric you will have to take in from your jeans, once you have put on your jeans, zipper them.
- Stand in front of a full-length mirror and see how you want your jeans to look, depending on how lose your jeans are and how tight you want them to be, is how much fabric you will take in at the ankles and calves.
- Pin carefully the edges of the jeans, in order to secure the fabric at the outer seam. If your jeans are too baggy at the crotch, the best option is to pin the inside edges.
- When you pin the fabric, make sure that you they look as tight as you wish, but not too tight that you cannot move freely, once they look the way you wish, take them off carefully so the pins do not fall.
- Sew a straight line with the edges that you pinned, remove the pins carefully while you make the stitches.
- Make a second stitching line on the outside part of your jeans, at least ¼” away from the first one you did.
- Repeat the process at the other leg and finally make a zigzag stitching to make sure that the jeans will be strongly sewn.
- Cut off the excessive fabric of the jeans.
Once you have finished, you will have your new skinny jeans, remember that these type of jeans are should be shorter, so you might want to adjust the hem too, but cutting the excessive length, sewing the hem and ironing to adjust it to the length that you wish.
“Jeans are essential on all wardrobes for their versatility, the way they can last for too long and the easiness to turn them into different garments or accessories after years”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.