How to turn a regular pair of jeans into a skinny pair
Skinny jeans have been popular for jeans now, but if you do not have a pair yet, you do not have to invest money in buying a new pair, instead, why not recycling an old pair of jeans that you have in your closet and turn them into skinny ones? Today we will show you how to do this in an easy way.
“Skinny jeans are some of the most worn styles, for being flattering, easy to combine and comfortable, and when they are combined differently, the same pair can be worn in different occasions”, advised Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim.
Here it is what you have to do if you want to transform a pair of regular into skinny jeans:
- Choose your pants and try them on to visualize how you want them to be, try to pick up a pair of stretched jeans.
- Wash them before you start working with them, that way they will not shrink later and you will not have problems in the future.
- Turn them around and draw a line with a chalk to mark how the jeans will look like, for this step, you can use a pair of skinny jeans that you already have as a reference.
- Use pins to set on the fabric and repeat these steps with the other leg.
- Iron the jeans so you can work easily with them and sew the line that you previously marked.
- Try on your pants to see if they fit you well.
- Cut the excess of fabric and sew it again to reinforce the stitches.
- And then you will have a new pair of skinny jeans.
“Jeans can be modified at home with the right tools and basic knowledge, it is only a matter to use your imagination and you can make different creations with the jeans you have at home”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.