Do’s and don’ts when dressing for air flights
When you have to take a plane, you must keep in mind you will have to empty your purse and take off your accessories, so you must wear the right garments to look chic and make your travel smoothly. In this article we will show you the do’s and don’ts when you dress for an air flight.
- Jeans – These garments are not only pretty comfortable, but they are very versatile, so you can combine them with any tops and footwear and you will look well-dressed.
- Layering – When taking an airplane, you would have noticed how the temperature decreases, so when applying the layering style, you will not look sophisticated, you will also be protected from cold during your air flight.
- Footwear – Always go for flats, those shoes make you feel and look great.
- Scarves – They do not only complement your outfit, they protect your throat from temperature changes.
- Tight clothes – You would want to have a comfortable trip, which you will not be able to achieve with tight clothes, so always go by a relaxed outfit.
- High heels – Remember that the idea is to have a nice travel, so wearing high heels will be really uncomfortable, especially when you have to walk a lot or take a 10-hour flight.
- There is a big difference between an effortless look and wearing a pajama, remember that you transmit a message with the clothes you wear, so you must choose the right ones ever for an air flight.
“When flying, it is important to wear comfortable clothes, as you might have to wait for a few hours until the airplane leaves, and some more traveling, for that, it is important to choose carefully what you are going to wear during all those hours”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, about this topic.
Alternatives to your skinny jeans
If you love skinny jeans but you feel it is the right time to try with something different, keep on reading this article as we will propose other types of jeans that you can include in your wardrobe.
“There are many different types of jeans that can be included in your daily outfits, with so many fits, finishes and colors, everyone can find the perfect one that will fit with his or her own style”, advised Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim.
Skinny jeans are quite popular on the girls’ fashion styles, but there are other types of jeans that you will definitely want to try. Here are some suggestions:
- Flare jeans – This is a very chic way to wear your jeans. Combine your flare jeans with platforms or high heels; you will look wonderful with them.
- Straight jeans – These jeans are similar to the skinny jeans, but some women consider them more comfortable, try them on as an alternative to your skinny jeans.
- Boyfriend jeans – The perfect opposite to skinny jeans. Boyfriend jeans have become a trend very soon, try them on.
- Wide leg jeans – If you want to go absolutely to the other side of the skinny jeans, try with wide leg jeans. Always remember you must balance your silhouette when wearing these types of jeans, so combine them with a tight white blouse.
These are only a few options, but there are plenty of different types of jeans that you can try next time you want to go on shopping.
“With so many different types of jeans available, it is very easy to find the pair for you, it is worth taking the time until you find the right ones, as you can have them with you for years with the right care”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.
What to wear on Casual Fridays?
Usually, most companies are more flexible about the outfits allowed on Casual Fridays, but that does not mean we are allowed to wear the first thing we can pull out of the wardrobe, so we will show you some tips that will make you feel comfortable and look incredible at the same time.
“Jeans or any other garments manufactured with denim are a good choice for Casual Friday outfits as this fabric is very versatile and is acceptable for office outfits when you combine it correctly”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, about this topic.
Here are some advices you might want to put into practice for your Casual Friday outfits:
- Please remember that this day is not an excuse to wear mini-skirts or necklines, you can change your clothes after you leave the office, but while you are in the office, you must keep your professional look.
- Jeans are perfectly allowed for Casual Fridays, but remember to keep the embellished and distressed one for weekends only.
- If you are wearing tee’s and jeans, add a blazer to your outfit, this will make it more formal immediately.
- You can change your heels for flats; just choose cute ones in neutral colors.
- Stamped clothes are good, while you avoid the animal print or bizarre designs.
- Remember that the idea is to be comfortable, but that does not mean everything is good to wear, avoid exercise clothes by all means.
- You can play with your style, so try with different accessories than the ones you usually wear, but do not abuse.
“Casual Friday is an alternative for suits, but it is always important to remember that you are still representing your company; therefore, it is important that you choose the right garments to give a good impression”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.
Fashion errors on men and women during winter
During winter, we are worried about protecting ourselves from cold than any other thing; however, that does not mean we must give up to caring for what we wear. In this article, we will show you some of the most common mistakes that men and women do on their outfits during this season.
Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, advised the following about this topic: “It is important to have the basic garments in the wardrobe for every season, during winter, jeans, white and black shirts and the right jackets can make it easier choosing what to wear everywhere”.
Here are some mistakes that men and women commonly do on their style during winter:
- Wearing a dress pant with hooded jacket – As the style for both garments is completely different. If you want to wear a hooded jacket, combine it with a pair of jeans for a casual look. If you want to look formal, then combine your dress pants with a coat for men or a long coat, or a wool sweater for women.
- Wearing the wrong textiles – There are some types of textiles that can be worn all year long, such as denim, but then, there are some others that are only allowed for spring and summer. For example, keep the chiffon and silk for hot weather or you will be freezing out in winter. Corduroy and polyester are great compositions for men and women’s garments in winter.
- Using the wrong jeans – Like we said before, denim is one of those fabrics that you can wear all year long, but that does not mean all types of jeans are correct. Avoid the ones with floral print or the distressed ones with big holes in the legs.
“There are different denim garments that are essential at the closet and can be worn all year long, like a pair of jeans, one of the basics for women and menswear, but there are also some great options like vests and denim jackets that can be worn this season”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.