Tricks that will preserve the color on your jeans as good as new
Most of us have those favorite jeans that, no matter how many times we have worn them, or if the holes on the garment seem to get bigger or the color has completely faded out, we simply cannot get rid of them. There are plenty of different factors that will make your jeans look older than they actually are, so we will dedicate this article to give you those tricks that will help you preserving the color of your jeans for a longer time, extending their life and qualities.
“Jeans are very resistant, and if you give them the right care, you can have them with you for a longer time”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, about this topic.
- Wash your jeans only when it is absolutely necessary, this will preserve their color for a longer time.
- Turn your jeans when you wash them, this will protect the fibers of your jeans, preserving their state.
- One trick to preserve the color of your jeans is to mix 6 tablespoons of salt in a bucket with water and submerge your jeans for around 30 minutes. Then wash your jeans regularly.
- Vinegar is one of the best tricks to preserve and seal the color of the jeans, wash them regularly but add a cup of vinegar instead of detergent.
- When your jeans have spots that are easy to identify, wash them by hand with detergent until they disappear, then put your jeans in the wash machine as usual.
- Remember to let your jeans hanging up instead of putting them in the dry machine; otherwise, they can shrink, and most importantly, the color will fade out more easily.
“There are plenty of tricks that can be applied to your jeans so you can preserve them for a longer time, but it is also very important to follow the care instructions mentioned on the care labels”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.